Remembering the Alliance for Gun Responsibility with a bequest gift is one of the most meaningful ways to support the fight to end gun violence. Planned gifts can be made in your will, a trust, or through an annuity. A well-planned legacy gift can provide tax benefits, financial security, and a significant contribution to the Alliance for Gun Responsibility. By choosing to support the Alliance in this way, you are creating a legacy of support for a safer, more just future.
Planned Giving Options
A bequest is a gift made to the Alliance for Gun Responsibility through your will. Bequests can be for a specific dollar amount or for a percentage of your estate. Your gift may be in the form of cash, stocks, or bonds. Your estate will receive an estate tax charitable deduction for the full amount of your cash bequest or for the fair market value of other donated assets.
How it works:
- Include a bequest to The Alliance for Gun Responsibility in your will or trust (see sample language below)
- Make your bequest unrestricted (preferred) or contact us if you would like to designate it for a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
- During your lifetime your assets remain in your control, which means you can modify your plan to address any changed circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a specific purpose.
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for charitable bequests under current tax law.
What you’ll need:
- Legal name: Alliance for Gun Responsibility
- Address: PO Box 4187, Seattle WA 98194
- Tax ID: 47-2512998Sample language: “I give, devise, and bequeath to Alliance for Gun Responsibility or its successor, now or formerly at PO Box 4187, Seattle WA 98194, a gift of ($_____ or _____ percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate), to be used for its general purposes.”
Name the Alliance for Gun Responsibility as a beneficiary of a retirement plan, life insurance policy, or bank account. Depending on the plan, the Alliance can be named as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary. The remainder of your retirement plan may be worth more when donated to the Alliance than to your heirs.
Income for Life
There are other planned giving options that can provide you with payments for the rest of your life, with the remaining funds passing to the Alliance. These gift options include charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and pooled income fund donations. To learn more about how these options can benefit you, please contact us at [email protected].