Alliance staff members are based in Seattle, but we are fighting to keep ALL Washingtonians safe from gun violence. To help us be as effective as possible at the community level, we rely on our dedicated base of supporters and our volunteer Chapter Teams.
The Alliance empowers Chapter Teams to work independently to advance our mission of gun violence prevention. No two Chapter Teams are alike! Chapter Teams are customized to work with the schedule, abilities, and opportunities of each regional unit. We work closely with a volunteer Chapter Team Leader to provide guidance and resources that are then disseminated among the Chapter Team members.
Activities could include:
- Regular in-person meetings to discuss gun violence prevention issues and priorities
- Tabling at a famer’s market, festival, or other special events
- Meeting with local elected officials to discuss GVP
- Canvassing on behalf of GVP initiatives or champions
- Phone banking
- Writing letters or postcards to elected officials or press
Chapter Teams will be especially important during our legislative sessions, when we are in Olympia fighting for better gun laws. Letters, phone calls, and in-person discussion with elected officials really ramp up during these periods.
|Chapter Teams can be found in:||And on the following campuses:|
|Olympic Peninsula||University of Washington|
|Skagit County||Seattle University|
|Snohomish County||Gonzaga University|
|East King County|
We are in the process of developing Chapter Teams in:
- Capitol Hill (Seattle)