Job Summary: The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for managing and executing the Alliance for Gun Responsibility’s online presence in service of our mission to end the public health crisis of gun violence in our communities. The Digital Communications Manager plays a critical role in promoting and communicating the work of the Alliance for Gun Responsibility. The Digital Communications Manager supports Alliance leadership in internal and external communications, develops and executes a strategic digital communications plan for the organization, and leads the organization’s social media, email, SMS, and website management.
The Alliance is hopeful it will have funding in the next two years to redesign its aging websites: gunresponsibility.org and foundation.gunresponsibility.org. The Digital Communications Manager will lead this effort including evaluating and managing third-party agencies to support this project, choosing and (if necessary) migrating data onto the best website platform for the Alliance’s needs, ensuring a mobile-friendly and accessible design and a seamless integration with our eCRM. The Manager will engage key stakeholders in the process and ensure the project is completed on time and on budget.
Women, LGBTQ+, multilingual, and BIPOC candidates encouraged to apply.
- Work with Communications Director to develop and execute email strategy including creating editorial calendar, identifying goals for email program, and drafting copy for fundraising, advocacy, and informational emails.
- Track and report all email metrics, including fundraising.
- Stay abreast of best practices in advocacy and fundraising emails and list hygiene.
- Manage website design, development, content management system, content updates and SEO practices.
- Develop and manage microsites for campaign-specific priorities as needed.
- Manage Google Analytics 4 (GA4) including implementation, tracking, and updating as needed.
- Continuously monitor opposition (NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, etc.) messaging and activities on our channels and publicly available forums. Communicate pertinent information to Alliance team.
- Manage Alliance profiles on third-party websites (e.g. wagives.org).
- Manage freelance web developer for tasks above and beyond the Manager’s skill set.
- Maintain and grow Alliance social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms as they emerge. This includes drafting and posting regular content reflecting Alliance priorities, tracking metrics, coordinating with coalition partners, and more.
- Work closely with Graphic Designer to generate effective and engaging graphics and designed materials.
- Coordinate with and assist coalition partners in leveraging their social media and online presence in support of gun violence prevention and Alliance priorities.
- As the Alliance expands its work to other states, support the digital needs of emerging organizations and movements.
- Manage and execute the organization’s SMS program.
- Manage the organization’s Google Grant program, including maintaining the account, identifying new opportunities, and potentially working with consultants as needed.
- Help ensure staff and board are informed about key news and issues driving the conversation about gun violence, including compiling and sharing relevant media clips weekly and providing additional context when relevant.
- Coordinate with staff to incorporate program, policy, and volunteer priorities into email and online strategy.
- Work with Graphic Designer to identify and execute livestreaming opportunities for Alliance events.
- Work with Office & Finance Specialist to keep domain names and hosting platforms active.
- Serve as a representative of the Alliance at external events as needed.
- Other activities as identified or directed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience.
- Experience: 2+ years experience in a digital communications role, including managing a CRM and social media; experience in non-profits or campaigns preferred
- Communication skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; diplomatic and empathetic. Ability to practice good judgment and discretion.
- Computers and systems: Experience with CRMs (Bonterra preferred), CMSs (WordPress preferred) and SMS platforms (Capitol Canary preferred) a must. HTML and css experience highly desired. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, accounting software and other data management tools.
- Flexibility: Ability to work in a fast paced, highly productive environment. Comfortable with changes in priority and direction. Willing to work flexible hours if necessary, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal skills: Willingness to generate and share ideas, even amongst senior staff and board. Capable leader and teacher to help develop staff, intern, or volunteer skills.
- Organizational skills: Strong attention to detail and personal organization. Ability to execute day-to-day tasks and work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment. Effective time-management skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize effectively
- Passion: Demonstrated commitment to fighting for social, racial, and economic justice.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary range for this position is $72,000 – $82,000 / year
- Health, vision, and dental insurance are offered.
- This position qualifies for enrollment in a 401(K) program after one (1) year of employment.
- The Alliance offers a generous paid-time-off (PTO) package.
- Current remote work environment, the future will be a hybrid work environment with flexibility.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to [email protected]
The Alliance for Gun Responsibility is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.