Position title: Community Organizing Coordinator
Reports to: Education and Engagement Director
The Community Organizing Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the Alliance for Gun Responsibility Field Team operations, and its volunteers. This position is responsible for supporting grassroots efforts to organize, empower and mobilize volunteers to take action in support of the Alliance’s mission. The person in this role will work with the Education and Engagement Director to implement advocacy strategic plans, voter identification, voter engagement, and community/volunteer mobilization programs.
- Coordinate and plan the day-to-day operations for the Field Team, including supervising members of the field team, fellows, and interns.
- Recruit, coach, train, and manage volunteers and volunteer leaders across the state to encourage participation and support for the Alliance’s mission
- Recruit volunteers to support various activities, including legislative support, electoral efforts, interim meetings, and GOTV for endorsed candidates
- Support and oversee the Alliance’s Chapter Teams, including hosting monthly meetings with Chapter Leads, training chapters to manage their own teams, developing communication strategies for specific teams
- Establish, organize, and maintain new Alliance Chapter Teams
- Identify, manage, and attend tabling events and other community events
- Plan, and execute weekly Field and Volunteer phonebanks
- Plan and host quarterly education and engagement events for newly recruited volunteers
- Keep the Education and Engagement Director apprised of the status of all projects.
- Track and regularly update relevant staff on engagement metrics.
- Develop and implement grassroots organizing and advocacy.
- Implement voter identification, voter engagement, and mobilization programs.
- Develop and mobilize a strong volunteer base and cultivate volunteer community leaders through direct community outreach, grassroots fieldwork, voter contact, and leadership development programs.
- Support the Education and Engagement Director in organizing capacity and grassroots partnerships to effectively advance local, state, and federal policy initiatives.
- Passion for gun violence prevention.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and maintain confidentiality.
- Value continuous learning and seek ongoing training and development.
- Take action to support the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access (DEIA).
- Value teamwork, flexibility, and adaptability; embrace change.
- Experience with database management e.g Votebuilder/VAN
- Ability to walk to do door-to-door canvassing, as well as the ability to stand for long periods of time while doing crowd canvassing, visibility, or tabling.
- Comfortable with “cold calling” on issues and for volunteer recruitment and/or fundraising in some cases.
- The skills to collaborate across groups, connect with, and exhibit a solid understanding of strategic priorities.
- Reliable transportation – in state is required.
- Prior community organizing or political campaign experience (preferred).
- A commitment and desire to educate and mobilize individuals around issues of gun violence prevention.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Range: 52-56k annually
- Health, vision, and dental insurance are offered.
- The Alliance offers a generous paid-time-off (PTO) package.
- This position qualifies for enrollment in a 401(K) program after one (1) year of employment.
The Alliance for Gun Responsibility is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to [email protected]