July 1, 2020 Blog
Nominate us for a BECU grant!
Calling all BECU members! It’s time for BECU’s annual People Helping People Awards. This grant process allows members of the community to help decide some of the nonprofits BECU supports financially. Members nominate local organizations to receive a grant of up to $50,000. Finalists are selected among the applicants and the community votes to determine the People’s Choice Award recipient.
Sound good? Here’s how to submit a nomination:
- You MUST already be a BECU member.
- Create an account here (note that your username and password will be different than your BECU online banking account).
- Our organization name is Alliance for Gun Responsibility Foundation (it is important to include FOUNDATION)
- Our Tax ID (EIN) is 46-4601368
- Our focus area is Strengthening Local Communities
- You’ll be asked to answer a few yes or no questions. For the question, “Has this organization received 501(c)3 status in the last two months?” the answer is no.
- You’ll be asked to share a story about your personal involvement with us (1,800 characters)
- You’ll be asked how we embody the credit union philosophy of People Helping People (1,800 characters)
- Our contact information is:
- Ms. Chelsey Wright
- [email protected]
- PO Box 4187
- Seattle WA 98194
- Note that you can stop, save your work, and return to the nomination at a later time.
- Make sure you click “submit!”
The deadline is Sunday, July 5.
Ready to get started?
If you have any trouble, feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]
Thanks for nominating us!
–Maureen McGregor is the Strategic Engagement Director at the Alliance.